Saturday 24 August 2013

July 20

                I have just spent the entire day learning games! I find children’s songs and game so fascinating and I want to talk to as many children as possible. This morning I wandered onto the beach where the fishermen where hauling in their catch and he fishermen’s wives were cleaning the fish. The children dart in and around the action, and when they don’t have to help their mothers, they play. I saw two little girls, about 6 or 7 years old playing a jumping game. I will put the instructions into my blog as best as I understand them. The second game was a circle clapping game that we have back home, but with a different song.  They recorded their song for me and I taught them my version. More children joined us when they saw the obruni playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment